"If it's too loud, turn it down."

Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day...what a great holiday! I can't think of any other holiday worth more of our respects than Memorial Day. I wish I could go to Arlington Cemetary tomorrow, to pay my respects and just realize how many died for our freedom. I want to go visit the precidio in San Francisco, and go see Pearl Harbor. I can't tell you more, how proud I am to be an American, because people have died to ensure our country is the greatest.

Tonight, a group of us watched Pearl Harbor, and yes...I did cry. However, I didn't cry because of the sappy parts...I cried when the sailor Cuba Gooding Jr. portraid, saluted the casket of his decieced Captain. Honor is what I see and feel when I look at the troops, when I hear about them, or even when I think about them. I love our troops, and want to just kick in the face of those who think differently.
As you read this, I ask you to please...take some time this Memorial Day, and even after, to just remember. Remember WHY we have this great country to live in and HOW we have kept it a great country. I solute those braver than I who go out everyday and fight, train, or prepare to be in any of the U.S. Forces.

Thanks for reading this kids, and remember....remember all of the sacrafices made for this country.

Happy Memorial Day.
Comments: Post a Comment
The New Stuff
Older Crap

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?